On this week's episode, Josh and Lyndsay phone up Barry Lubin to talk about his career as the famed Grandma clown. You have may have seen Barry perform in Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus or during his 25 year run at the Big Apple Circus. They discuss the differences between performing arenas and tents, the importance of comedic failure, and how Barry creates material. Josh and Lyndsay also talk about more Paramour news, a Bindlestiff Cirkus casting call, and update you on their virtual reality circus Kickstarter campaign. If you enjoy the podcast, please rate us on iTunes and share it with your friends!
- [10:35] Growing up in Atlantic City
- [13:50] Barry goes to clown college
- [20:44] How Barry created Grandma
- [25:28] Barry's formative experience at the Monte Carlo Circus Festival
- [29:37] Grandma joins the Big Apple Circus
- [40:40] The differences between clowning in arenas and tents
- [53:42] Barry's bucket list