On today’s show, we talk about the #StartUpColumbia Entrepreneurship Festival and what it takes to disrupt circus and theater. We discuss the pros and cons of circus and playwright collectives as well as the state of multi-racial casting in new productions. We'll wrap up with a chat about the new way of watching circus and theater on Youtube and Instagram. Let us know your thoughts and please subscribe and rate us on iTunes!
• [00:15] #StartUp Columbia Entrepreneurship Festival
• [01:30] Can circus be disrupted?
• [03:45] The future of Ringling and Barnum & Bailey
• [04:43] What do the words Circus and Broadway conjure?
• [08:19] Circus and Playwright Collectives
• [14:36] Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt- Kimono She Didn’t
• [15:14] Multi-racial Casting
• [18:52] Circus on Instagram and Musicals on Youtube
[20:45] Dear Even Hanson by Benj Paseck and Justin Paul at Second Stage Theater.