On today's episode, Lyndsay and Josh talk with circus director and auteur Gypsy Snider. We covered so many topics with Gypsy so we've divided her interview into two parts. In this episode we talk about growing up in the circus, circus school in Europe, her first encounter with Cirque Du Soleil, and how failure and negativity can drive your art. Episode 6, Part 2 will be released later this week. If you like the podcast please share it with your friends on Facebook and rate us on iTunes. You can also email questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!
• [01:48] - Childhood in the Pickle Family Circus
• [11:48] - Rejection from a French circus school
• [13:08] - Gypsy moves to England
• [14:22] - Switzerland and the Dmitri School
• [15:55] - Gypsy on Failure, Negativity, and Improvising
• [25:48] - Did Gypsy think of Cirque Du Soleil's Dralion first?
• [29:38] - Gypsy’s first interaction with Cirque Du Soleil and German Cabaret
• [37:38] - Gypsy joins Saltimbanco
People mentioned for further reference:
Kris Kremo, Eric Bates, David Dmitri, Big Apple Circus, Paul Binder, Guy Laliberte, Pomp Duck and Circumstance, Serenity and Bill Forchion, Elsie Smith, New England Center for Circus Arts, Vertical Tango, Seb and Mimi’s hand to hand act, Shana Carrol, Gilles St Croix, Lu Yi.