On this week's episode Josh and Lyndsay recount their time at Bindlestiff Open Variety Night, discuss the New York Times review of Big Apple Circus and a talk about the future of the entertainment sector by TPG founder Jim Coulter (TPG owns a majority stake in Cirque Du Soleil). They also traveled to Philadelphia to interview Shana Kennedy the founder of Circadium and the Philadelphia School of Circus Arts. Circadium is the first advanced training circus program to offer a vocational degree in circus arts in the U.S. If you enjoy today's episode, please rate the show on iTunes and share it with your friends. Have a great week!
- [10:03] Growing up in suburban Massachussettes
- [13:30] Traveling to circus school in Bristol, England
- [19:35] Moving back to Philadelphia and starting Air Play
- [25:31] The beginning of Circadium
- [26:20] A day in the life of a Circadium student
- [44:14] What's going on with circus in America these days?
- [46:15] Circadium's upcoming auditions