On this week's episode, Josh and Lyndsay recount their experience at the newly revived Big Apple Circus, the 6th annual New York Boylesque Festival, and a recent performance by the dance troupe Pilobolus at the Queens Theater. They also sit down for an interview with Mark Lonergan, the founder of the three-time Drama Desk nominated physical theater company Parallel Exit. Mark also directed Big Apple Circus the past two seasons and Circus Smirkus this year. We talk about the differences between directing theater and circus, and compare the old Big Apple to the new one. If you enjoy today's episode, please rate us on iTunes and share the podcast with a friend. Have a great week!
- [13:30] Growing up in "English Canada"
- [19:08] Mark on moving to New York City for the first time
- [21:41] The growth of Parallel Exit
- [29:32] The first time Mark directed the Big Apple Circus
- [34:40] On creative directing Circus Smirkus
- [44:25] What the new Big Apple Circus is like