On this week's episode Josh and Lyndsay talk about the new show Opium from Spiegelworld, an upcoming theme park in Miami from the founder of Cirque Du Soleil, the search for an executive director at New England Center for Circus Arts, and discuss recent changes and lawsuits relating to non-profit theaters and their artistic management. They also sit down for a chat with the co-founder and director of Circus Warehouse, Suzi Winson. Suzi recounts her time as a professional dancer and actor on Broadway, publishing a poetry magazine, finding her way to circus and running New York City's most professional circus training facility. If you like today's episode, please rate us on Apple Podcasts and share it with your friends. Have a great week!
- [14:57] Growing up in NYC studying ballet
- [17:40] Suzi's first Broadway show and what made her stand out
- [29:45] Her time running a poetry and literary magazine
- [36:35] Suzi's introduction to circus through clowning and flying trapeze
- [46:41] The growth of Circus Warehouse