On this week's episode, Josh and Lyndsay sit down with Sydney based circus producer and creator Lauren Eisinger. They talk about their experiences at the Adelaide Fringe, the differences between circus in Australia and the United States, and various challenges of independently producing. Also on the episode, Josh and Lyndsay talk about news with Big Apple Circus and have a secret discount for the upcoming 7 Finger's show Cuisine and Confessions playing in NYC this April. If you enjoy the show, please rate us on iTunes and share it with a friend. Have a great week!
- [22:00] Lauren's background in producing
- [26:02] The Adelaide Fringe and five years of experience
- [30:45] Redefining the term 'Classical Circus'
- [36:21] Funding for circus in Australia
- [38:00] Performing animals in Australian circus
- [46:38] Cutting through the noise among 1,200 shows at the Fringe
- [55:30] Youth education in circus