Episode 58 - Up and Over It, hand-tapping and Irish step dancing madness!
On this week's episode, Josh and Lyndsay discuss the recent Festival Mondial du Cirque de Demain and their favorite act (spoiler, its Barcode!), new #MeToo allegations surrounding Sleep No More, and they announce the release date for Hideaway Circus's upcoming 360 virtual reality circus and dance experience. Also on today's episode, Josh and Lyndsay interview Peter Harding, Suzanne Cleary, and Jonny Reed who make up the hand-tapping and Irish step dancing viral sensation, Up and Over It. They talk about their time on Broadway with Riverdance, creating a viral video that launched a variety career, and about devising new and unusual types of performance. You can catch them live this week at NYU's Skirball Center performing with the show RIOT. If you enjoy today's episode, please like and rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts and share it with a friend. Have a great week!
- [16:06] Peter and Suzanne's start in Irish step dancing
- [24:50] Joining the cast of Riverdance at age 17
- [33:30] Life after Broadway, new tours and going back to school
- [39:58] The beginning of hand-tapping and a show at the Edinburgh Fringe
- [48:20] Making a viral video sensation to the song We Speak No Americano
- [51:37] First time working in the variety scene at The Box (and later La Soirree and Spiegelworld)
- [1:08:41] Working the German Palazzo variety circuit
- [1:12:14] What makes for a successful performing partnership?