Episode 62 - Kevin Beverley, acrobat and star of CDS's Volta
On today's episode, Josh and Lyndsay talk about what it takes to turn a normal building into a theater, a luncheon where Lyndsay met the cast of the new Harry Potter play on Broadway, a new dance piece by Justin Peck with backdrops by Steve Powers, and they sit down for an interview with Kevin Beverley who currently stars in Cirque Du Soleil's Volta. They talk about how competitive dance lead him to circus, what it's like to work for various high profile contemporary circus companies, and if circus in America is growing or shrinking. If you like today's episode please rate us on Apple Podcasts and share the show with a friend. Have a great week!
- (15:52) Kevin growing up in Chicago doing gymnastics and dance
- (20:32) Training at NECCA and ENC
- (31:40) Life after circus school graduation
- (34:35) Working on the immersive circus show Queen of the Night
- (42:02) What it's like to take part in an original Cirque Du Soleil creation
- (54:52) What's on Kevin's bucket list?
- (58:10) Is circus in America growing or shrinking?